Hi, my name is April. I started this blog to:
- Share my personal experiences, lessons, favorite people, places, things, food and thoughts
- Find myself after cancer
- (Hopefully) empower, motivate and inspire women to make strong investments in their personal life, health and home
- Deliver the information quickly
- To continue to grow as a writer
I’m a wife, writer and picture taker with a professional background in social work and journalism.
My expertise is in women’s affairs. I’ve written about domestic violence, health, and a variety of other topics.
And I’ve helped too many women to count find their way to happy-healthy living.
In 2012 I was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer.
At the time of diagnosis I was climbing the ladder to entertainment success.
I was working my way up to talk show/GMA/Today show status.
Things were going so well, too. I was soooo close to getting that one job that changes everything.
But as they say…life is what happens when you’re busy making plans
As with all experiences (good and bad) you learn something from all of them. And I learned a lot from cancer. Here are some of my takeaways.
- Your health and time are the most valuable currency you have and as such, you need to invest them wisely.
- Your living space should make you smile on the inside even on the messy or unthinkable days.
- I think we should minimize ingredients we don’t recognize and gravitate towards the ones we do.
You’ll find a variety of content curated around the life of a woman, and everyday living.
It only takes 5 minutes to make you feel like you’ve invested in YOU (and your home). That’s my motto!april maye
Want to know more…
My expertise is in women’s affairs including health, domestic violence, sex abuse, grief, starting out, starting over, or starting a business or somewhere in between.
As a journalist/writer I’ve worked for T.V. and print media including a Pulitzer-Prize winning publication.
When I’m not writing I can be found creating recipes and cooking (I love being in the kitchen or at the grill), or sipping wine with my husband, researching, taking pictures, working on our fixer upper or watching shows like This Is Us (Are you watching?!), and Fixer Upper.
I believe that spirituality in relation to my God is an important aspect of good health and well-being for me.
My special interests include bridging the gap between doctor and patient and green living.
Okay friends, I’m gonna stop right here. Thank you for being here. Thank you for your time. I hope to see you again.
I have an ‘ask me’ column so feel free to ask me anything. Or, just say ‘hello.’ Also let’s connect in social media.