Credit: Shannon Nash and Rachel Zoe of The Zoe Report
Mothers Day is closing in on us and if you’re still trying to find the right gift for the mom in your life (or nudge your family in the right direction) here are some suggestions and resources. You’ll find something to fit every budget here. But you gotta act fast, because you don’t want to miss the rush delivery window. Have fun!
No one knows her name yet, but her face and the smackdown she gave her son for participating in the Baltimore riots can be seen everywhere on social media and on television news stations.
Rumor has it, one mom was sitting at home watching TV when she saw a news clip of her son throwing rocks at police officers in the Baltimore riots. Instead of waiting for him to get home to say NO to him in some easily digestible manner (as experts suggest), this mom hunted her son down and proceeded to slap, push and drag him away from the riot.
And, when he disrespectfully walked away from her, she pursued him and hit him again. She is now being hailed “Mom of the year.”
In Chicago the mother of a 15 year old boy turned her son in for raping, robbing and beating a 41 year old woman on a Chicago Blue Line train. DeShawn Isabelle’s mother recognized him after watching released surveillance footage. The young boy admitted to the crime and will be tried as an adult.
He was charged with aggravated criminal sexual assault and robbery and ordered held on $1 million bail. Reporters say his mom was visibly shaken in the courtroom.
Are these brave moms setting a new tone in parenting?
I’ll let you tell it!
Hello my lovelies,
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and you know what that means; sales ads, emails, commercials, gift suggestions and possibly a visit with your unpleasant mother-in-law. But, that’s a topic for another time.
Today, I share some Mother’s Day gift deals that left me wondering, what the heck were they thinking? But, I’ll let you tell it. Enjoy! Be sure to check back in a few days when I post my Mother’s Day faves. Just so we’re clear, I love Groupon, but love shouldn’t get in the way of honesty. Until next week.
1. Okay. Let’s start with this comic themed bathing suit. WOW. I can’t think of one mother I know (outside of maybe Jenny McCarthy) who would be happy to get this on any holiday let alone Mother’s Day.
2. Or, how about 60 gourmet lollipops? I can’t imagine any mom in America (except maybe my trouble making sister-in-law) who has this on their list. So, I’d leave this gourmet bouquet out.
3. Or, maybe you could have a star named after you. NOT. According to Groupon 1000 of these babies have already been sold. My advice: TAKE THEM BACK! I don’t know who’s buying these darn things, but stop it! If you’re not under the age of 8 this isn’t cute or romantic. It may have been years ago, but not today. So don’t do it!
4. The same rule applies to this Teddy bear. The last thing the mom in your life wants is a teddy bear with your face on it UNLESS you’re 8 years old or younger and you hand picked this for your mom, there’s no excuse for this.
5. Dancing water speakers may be fascinating to you, but, I think this is a big NO on Mother’s Day, so don’t do it!
6. To be fair, someone might actually like this next gift idea. And, I do think it’s kind of cute. But, I’m not feeling it for Mother’s Day. I just don’t think a sexy picture of pregnant mama doing laundry in a half top is the right gift for Mother’s Day. If you’re going to do sexy pregnant picture, think Kourtney Karadasian or Demi Moore. Otherwise this is a DON’T.
7. Really? More time in the kitchen. Unless the mom in your life has been vocalizing her desire to take cooking classes, this goes on my don’t list–ever.
8. Do I really need to say anything about this one? So here’s the deal, a bird cage might be a good gift for grandma from the grandkids, but ONLY if she has everything she could possibly want already. Otherwise, don’t do it.